YOU ARE HERE : Home / Career / CFO Advisor
Position Description: CFO Advisor
For the client company, the outsourced CFO often becomes the advisor of choice and a key leader. Responsibilities include advising on the management of working capital, cash flow, budgeting/projections, financing, and interfacing with the company's banking, accounting and legal advisors. The CFO maximizes return on financial assets by establishing/recommending financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The CFO reports to the CEO of LGI CFO and the client's designated executive.
Primary Client Focused Responsibilities
- Oversee client's financial management to include developing financial, accounting, billing, internal control and budget policies and procedures as required.
- Recommend state-of-the-art financial technologies, processes, procedures and management information systems.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Determine client's financial and accounting agendas. Respond accordingly.
- Oversee client financial management projects including acquisitions, required capital and financing.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements, financial reports and special analyses.
- Analyze and project cash flow, cost controls, cost reduction opportunities, capital investment needs and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Serve on strategic planning, goal setting and policy-making committees as required.
- Interact with client department heads to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Hire, mentor, coach, and empower accounting department employees to improve their capabilities, performance, and impact.
- Manage relationships with outside professionals including bankers, CPAs, attorneys and insurance agents.
Primary LGI CFO Focused Responsibilities
- Develop a pipeline to produce new clients using activities such as publishing articles, developing an effective networking program, attending events with potential clients/networking sources, conducting or helping with speaking engagements and workshops (with the help of senior management)
- Write effective proposals using the LGI CFO template.
- Attend LGI CFO management/strategic/fellowship meetings.
- Add value to each client by matching available opportunities to recommended actions.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Abilities, Values, Skills
- Knowledgeable of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles. Has applied experience in creating control procedures.
- Comfortable with group speaking and selling activities
- Build key relationships with referral sources.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using financial software (accounting packages and Excel).
- Experienced in utilizing automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Report monthly/quarterly results to Senior Management team and bankers.
- Possess ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, analyses and cash-flow projections.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel to out of town locations if required
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience as a CFO or equivalent with at least 10 years of overall financial experience
- Excellent project and time management skills
- High degree of exposure to formal business processes
- Demonstrated experience as a leader, team-player and mentor
- Intrinsically motivated with high degree of emotional intelligence
- Unquestionable character, integrity, loyalty, responsiveness, commitment
- Experienced in working through difficult financial situations with companies
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- MBA and/or CPA is a plus
Benefits and Compensation
- Simple IRA 3% match
- Non Qualified benefit plan (similar to phantom stock)
- Flex time
- Expense reimbursement (can include medical insurance component)
Please email resumes confidentially to email@example.com.